Reflexology is the application of pressure, stretching and movement to the feet, hands and ears to stimulate reflexes prompting a healing response in every organ, gland and body system. Reflexologists view the feet, hands, and ears as a blue print of the body. Reflexology allows the body to heal with ease and grace.
Reflexology dates back to pictographs found on tombs in ancient Egypt. Modern reflexology has been attributed to William Fitzgerald, M.D. and Joe Shelby Riley, M.D. in the 1920’s. It continued evolving and was greatly expanded by Eunice Ingham during the late ’30’s who has written several books and popularized mapping and therapeutic techniques still used widely in reflexology schools and among professional reflexologists. In the medical field reflexology is increasingly being defined as ‘Complementary Alternative Medicine’ (CAM). Traditional physicians are finding benefits from Reflexology – physical, mental and emotional.
Reflexology has been known to improve many elements including, but not limited too:
- Pain in any area of the body including back pain
- Foot, ankle and leg problems including soreness, swelling, restless leg
- The effects of stress
- Nervous tension
- Digestive upset (constipation and/or diarrhea)
- Lack of circulation
- Toxins in the body
- Sinus pressure
- Allergy symptoms
- Immune system
- Hormonal imbalances
- Anxiety and Depression
- Stiff, aching and painful joints and muscles
- Headaches (including migraines)
- Inflammation related problems (including arthritis, asthma, diabetes, injuries, heart disease, cancer)
- Recovery following injury or surgery
Janice Sullivan / 720.333.9850 / Janice@HealingHandsColorado@yahoo.com
It's time you experience the amazing gift of Reflexology by Healing Hands Colorado. Schedule your Reflexology appointment today. Read testimonials from Healing Hands Colorado clients click here.
Website designed by M. Sullivan Design © 2011 Healing Hands Colorado